PCA’s Chemical Detection Services (CDS) provides drug and alcohol testing (urinalysis and breath analysis) at reasonable costs. The monitoring of the collection of samples and chain-of-custody procedures meet the forensic and evidentiary requirements of the courts.
Testing services are available to anyone on a walk-in basis and no appointment is required. Services are available for referrals by employers (pre-employment testing or on-the-job incident), schools, parents, clean and sober housing facilities, CPS, etc. A large percentage of CDS testing is for persons involved with the Pierce County Family Recovery Court or Felony Court.
Drug testing options:
- Standard 8-panel tests. Includes street drugs, opiates, benzodiazepines, and barbiturates.
- Ethyl glucuronide (ETG) testing for alcohol use within 60 hours of consumption.
- Nurse panels (Comprehensive, multi-panel testing)
- Synthetic marijuana (Spice/K2)
- Synthetic cathinones (Bath salts)
Breath analysis is required in every case and conducted on-site using an electronic breathalyzer.
All persons to be tested must present a photo ID. All client information and results are treated as confidential in accordance with federal and state regulations and released only to the individual(s) or agencies designated by the client.
Drug Testing Results
- Negative results are usually received within 24 hours while positive results may take 1-3 days to complete the confirmation process.
- Test results can be mailed, faxed, picked up and\or called to the client, company or agency.
CDS monitors the collection of urine samples and sends them to a certified toxicology laboratory that meets federal CLIA standards.
M-F 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Closed Holidays). Evening and weekend hours are provided for designated programs.
Fees and Payments:
Fees vary according to test requirements. For specifics, contact the CDS office.
Payments can be made with cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, or money order. CDS does not accept personal checks.
Location: Pierce County Alliance, 510 Tacoma Ave S., Tacoma, WA. 98402
Phone: 253-502-5439 Fax: 253-272-6666